Holidays are just around the corner and everyone seems to get their gift list ready to shop the anticipated Black Friday deals. I compiled some of the top rated gift ideas for the babies and kids on your list from Amazon that will help you get a head start on your holiday shopping.
A small commission is earned from qualifying Amazon purchases
1. Peek-A-Boo Elephant by Gund - this adorable, plush Elephant is a real charmer and will surely keep your baby entertained.
2. Water Drawing Mat - give a gift of creativity that both kids and parents will be happy with! This mess-free water mat not only helps develop the creative side but also is an excellent tool to help develop fine motor skills.
3. Magna-Tiles - this is an excellent gift recommended for ages 3 and up, although younger kids can certainly enjoy them as well with the help of an adult.
4. Musical Rhymes Book - great gift idea for babies 6 months and older. They love flipping the pages and listening to their favorite nursery rhymes.
5. A Musical Walker - great gift for kids 9 months and up that is not only entertaining on its own but is also great help with those early steps.
6. Mega Bloks - this is the perfect gift for 1 year olds and up. The set's chunky pieces are perfect for little hands and offers many cognitive benefits.
7. Stacking Toy and Shapes Sorter - double the fun with these two fun activity sets. 6 months - 2 year olds love stacking and sorting activities. They help them learn shapes, sizes and colors.
8. Ride On/Push Car - toddlers love seeing the outside world, riding in these push cars. They love spinning the wheel and even pushing the car themselves.
9. Play Kitchen - the play kitchen is a perfect gift for 1 year olds and up that helps develop imagination and creativity. There are different kinds of play kitchens for different spaces and budget but our Step2 Kitchen has been a favorite for many years and still looks like new. Here is another version of it that has great reviews on Amazon:If you are looking for a more realistic looking kitchen, KidKraft makes a great one. Find it here:
10. Musical Activity Table - excellent gift ideas for babies and toddlers. From sitting up to standing and walking, this table helps them learn coordination and offers the support they need when they make those first steps.
11. Laugh & Learn Smart Learning Home - this makes a wonderful gift for toddlers 1 years old and up. It is loaded with activities that keeps little ones entertained. I love that it reinforces pretend play and helps develop imagination.
12. Activity Garden Play Set - this multifunctional play center is another great gift idea for toddlers. It is great for pretend play and helps develop gross motor skills.
13. Touch and Learn Activity Table - this interactive table has different educational activities to explore and also transforms into an easel/chalkboard for even more creative fun.
14. Wooden Peg Puzzles - it is never too early to introduce puzzles! Although the recommended age is 3-5 years, I introduced those puzzles to my kids from 6 months of age. Believe it or not, they quickly learn that little shapes go into their own spaces, each letter makes a sound and colors have names. As long as you are doing these together with your child to avoid any choking hazards, these are the best for gross motor skills and endless amount of learning.
15. Fat Brain Dimpl Baby Toy - a simple design that offers great sensory play and is a great toy to bring on car rides to keep little ones busy through the ride.
Don't forget that books make excellent gifts for birthdays and holidays! Read this blog post for a great collection of board books for babies and toddlers.