The First Year Milestone creeps up so fast that many parents find themselves rushing to find the perfect first birthday gift for the baby in their life. To make things easier for yourself as well as your guests, I highly recommend setting up an amazon gift registry. You may be familiar with it if you had it set up for your bridal or baby shower. Kids have so many toys these days that having a registry just makes things so much easier for everyone. No one knows your child better than you so you can choose the gifts that pertain to their interests.
I always try to steer clear of devices as much as possible so a new app on the iPad just doesn't cut it. Raising three kids, I have always tried to find toys that aid in their development both physically and psychologically. I put together a list of gift ideas that I feel are best for first and second birthday milestones. Scroll down for my recommendations for gift ideas for outdoor play, creative play and pretend play. If you are looking for a more meaningful gift, give a gift of memories with a Magical Portraiture Birthday Photoshoot.
Gifts For Outdoor Play:
- Scooter - a great gift to last for a few years and perfect for outdoor play. We love our Razor Jr. Scooter. We got it many years ago and it still rides like new. Lascoota 2-in-1 Kick Scooter currently has one of the highest ratings on amazon.
- Balance Bike - another fun bike idea is to get a balance bike. The recommended age for the balance bike is 18m-5y. Strider Sport Balance Bike is adjustable, durable and comes in fun colors making it the perfect gift for your toddler.
Gifts For Creative Play:
- Double Sided Art Easel - unleash your child's creativity with this Step2 All Around Easel. This art easel features two sides - magnetic white board and a chalkboard. Comes with foam alphabet and numbers to help your little one master their numbers and letters.
- Magna Tiles - let your little one explore their inner architect with a set of magnetic tiles like Magna Tiles. They are easy to stack and help develop their imagination.
- Kinetic Sand - play, build and explore with this fun play sand that flows through your hands without sticking to them. Kinetic Sand comes in many different colors for hours of creative fun.
Gifts For Pretend Play:
- Play Kitchen - Pretend play is a crucial aid in baby/toddler development which makes the Play Kitchen a great gift idea that is sure to last through years of play. We love our Step 2 LifeStyle Dream Kitchen. It lasted for 11 years and still looks like new! If you have the space, then you may want to check out Step 2 Elegant Edge Kitchen The built in refrigerator and other additions are guaranteed to provide fun for your toddler and keep them engaged for months. If you prefer a more realistic looking kitchen, in white/gray KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen and in brown: KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen are absolutely beautiful and equally fun!
A small commission may be earned from qualifying Amazon purchases.
These gifts are great for birthdays and make great holiday gifts as well. For more toddler gift ideas, head over to my holiday gift ideas blog. Check out my new blog post at the following link: Toddler Approved Educational toys and activities.
Follow Magical Portraiture on Instagram to be informed when the new blog posts come out.
Today's Baby Related Tips
Brought to You By
New Jersey Photographer
Specializing in Newborn and Children Photography and Fine Art
SEE MAGICAL PORTRAITURE'S WORK HERE
FOLLOW MAGICAL PORTRAITURE ON FACEBOOK TO SEE ARTICLES AND PROMOTIONS
FIND MAGICAL PORTRAITURE ON INSTAGRAM FOR BEHIND THE SCENES AND OTHER PROJECTS