I recently traveled to the Eastern Caribbean Islands via Disney
Fantasy which is one of Disney Cruise Line's newer ships.
Many people have asked me the following questions:
1. How does it compare to Disney World?
2. Don't you get bored on the ship?
3. What do you do if it rains?
4. How is entertainment? What?? There is no casino? Is there anything to do for adults?
5. Is it really worth it?
Honestly, I had asked myself those very same questions prior to our trip. I will try to address them all below:
1. Disney World and Disney Cruise are two completely different experiences. You must try each at least once in your lifetime. Disney World is a much more active, hectic type of vacation as it forces you to plan everything ahead of time and the vacation itself is running from ride to ride, restaurant to restaurant, which can be exhausting for both parents and children.
Disney Cruise, on the other hand, has almost no extra planning involved. All you have to do is book your stateroom and flight and can add on activities to your trip after. Disney Cruise is a very relaxing vacation. Everything you need is there on the ship. Disney does such an amazing job catering to kids that it makes our (parents') life so much easier.
2. There is so much to do on the ship at all times that you forget that you're on the ship. There is truly something for everyone there. Movies, shows, restaurants, games, arcades, mini golf, basketball, fitness center, spa, adult and kid pools, water slides, just to name a few. They constantly have different activities and contests that you can participate in. The kids' club is amazing with themed rooms and activities. My kids, who always refuse to stay in any kids' club, loved it so much that they refused to leave.
3. It actually rained the first day of the trip and was really cold the second day but we didn't feel like we were missing out. We had the time to explore the ship, participate in activities and the kids still enjoyed the heated pool and movies by the pool.
4. The entertainment was unbelievable. We actually looked forward to watching a show every night. They did a great job entertaining children but did not forget about the adults. Every night was something new and exciting. Disney's Believe, Disney's Wishes and Disney's Aladdin are some of the broadway quality shows we enjoyed. Pirate night along with fireworks was a lot of fun as well. We also had the pleasure of meeting Ricky Kalmon (celebrity hypnotist and motivational speaker). His shows were incredible!
5. I can go on and on about what we loved about our Disney Cruise but the truth is that you will never understand it until you experience it for yourself! It was truly a magical vacation
and we would go back in a heartbeat!
Today's Baby & Children Related Tips Brought to You By
New Jersey Photographer
Specializing in Newborn and Children Photography and Fine Art