Breastfeeding comes with so many challenges with one being the constant variation in the quantity of milk supply. If you breastfeed on demand, your baby should be able to regulate the supply as needed (cluster feeding for instance may promote more supply). Pumping more often or in addition to breastfeeding may help increase supply as well. Sometimes we want to make a little more than the baby needs so we can store it for later use.
A little natural boost can help increase the supply.
Here are some tips:
1. Drink Plenty of Water - this seems simple enough but we often forget to drink enough of water which helps maintain and increase our supply.
2. Mother's Milk Tea - is an herbal tea containing fenugreek, fennel, anise, coriander, blessed thistle that are known to increase breastmilk supply.
A small commission is earned from qualifying Amazon purchases
3. Garlic - is a very nutritious herb that is known to promote lactation. It is also a natural antibiotic that helps us stay healthy for our little ones. If your baby tolerates it in your milk well, it is a good way to increase your supply. If you feel that it makes them fussy then you may want to skip this one. It is believed, however, that babies that enjoy garlic in their mother's breastmilk latch and breastfeed better.
4. Fresh Ginger Root - another healthy option to not only keep you healthy but increase breastmilk production and help with the let down reflex.
5. Sesame Seeds - rich in calcium, sesame seeds are the best seeds that increase supply.
6. Flax Seeds - like sesame seeds, flax seeds help with milk production and contain essential fatty acids.
7. Almonds - high in protein and essential fatty acids, almonds are a perfect and delicious way to increase milk supply and can be easily added to any diet. Did you know that almonds are also appetite suppressors? Due to protein, unsaturated fat and fiber, almonds keep you feeling full longer making it a perfect addition to your post pregnancy diet.
8. Oats - abundant in nutrients is perfect for increasing milk production.
9. Lactation Cookies - a delicious way to increase your supply. Lactation cookies combine a few lactation promoting ingredients such as brewer's yeast, oats, flaxseeds and nuts. I felt an almost instant increase in my supply after trying Baba Bella's Lactation Cookies.
10. A Well Balanced Diet - overall following a well balanced diet help promote lactation. Try to incorporate some of the items above as well as dark leafy greens such kale and spinach that help with milk production.
Today's Baby Related Tips
Brought to You By
New Jersey Photographer
Specializing in Newborn and Children Photography and Fine Art